Saturday, September 29, 2012

Healthy cooking for your kids: Banana Cinnamon Bread and Butter Pudding

       Hi Readers! I'm back, and to celebrate here's a special "pudding" recipe. (It's special because its probably the only pudding recipe I ever posted. Heh.) Anyway, its under the Family Meals category in the book so check. it. out.

Banana Cinnamon Bread
and Butter Pudding

Ingredients:
unsalted butter for greasing
2 bananas, peeled and sliced
8 slices malted homemade bread
(lightly buttered and cut in half diagonally, crusts removed)
2 tablespoon demerara sugar
3 large eggs
300 ml full-fat milk
1&1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoon clear honey


How to Bake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease baking dish and arrange banana slices at the bottom. Top with bread slices, overlapping each slice to cover the banana. Whisk the sugar, eggs, milk and cinnamon together in a bowl and pour over the bread. Drizzle over the honey and bake for 30-40 minutes till risen and golden. Serves 4.




~ W. Edwards Deming


      Oh, and another thing, I may not be posting on Wednesdays for now. I'm really not sure, But I will DEFINITELY be posting on Friday and Sunday. I will do my best readers, believe in your fellow baking-believer.



No comments:

Post a Comment