Friday, August 3, 2012

The Teashop Girls: From Cupcakes to Tea



I found these super-cute cupcakes at Crystal Jade~My Bread outlet at Toa Payoh Central and just had to take a few shots.
They are SO cute!!!











      Alright, it has come to the end of the Cupcake Age and we are now moving into the Tea Age. The book from which I will be sharing with you tea recipes is: The Teashop Girls. See? You can tell by the title it's all about tea. And there will be Tea Beauty Tips of the day, from the book too, like this one:


Tea Beauty Tip!
To add shiny-ness to dark hair,
wash with Black Tea once a week.
To make highlights dazzle-y,
Rinse light hair with Chamomile Tea.


      Now, lets kick it off with a some tips on how to make The Perfect Cup of Tea. Even my cousin in Taiwan says a cup of sweet Black Tea really calms you down. The photo below was taken from her Facebook page.


Tea gives you courage.
~ Unknown



The Perfect Cup of Tea

Bring fresh cold water to a rolling boil, but don't let it boil for too long.
Let it come off the boil and settle down for a moment.
Pour water into teapot containing a heaping tablespoon of your favourite loose tea leaves.
Let the leaves bloom and steep for at least three minutes.
Pour the tea into your favourite preheated cup.
Serve with sugar and cream, sip and smile.



 
If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are heated,
it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you.
If you are excited, it will calm you.
~ William Gladstone, 1865


      And while we're on the subject of tea, check out these cute little Chinese porcelain teapots and jars. I purchased them at a pottery for $1 each. Look, there's even a little pedestal for tiny cakes. So cute! I've tried drinking tea from the two pots, but I guess its only meant for display. Its way too small to drink from. Ahh... I love tea, don't get me wrong, I love cupcakes too. That's why I'm going to hunt down the next book of Confectionately Yours: Taking the Cake! for more recipes to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment