Friday, August 24, 2012

Healthy Cooking for Your Kids ~ Sarah Banberry

      Now, today is the start of something new! I'm sharing recipes from this recipe book: Healthy Cooking for Your Kids by Sarah Banberry. I know its not exactly a baking book, but I found some really awesome recipes in here that I'd like to share with you guys. Now, note that I'm not sharing all of them, which would be ridiculous considering the number of recipes in here, but I've picked out some of my favourites. So, if you want to know more of them, then you should purchase it. Totally worth the money. Now here's a simple recipe of breakfast and desert rolled into one.






Mini Cheese and Herb Muffins

Ingredients:
100g baby spinach leaves
75g butter
35g Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs
(chives, parsley or tarragon)
100g white plain flour
100g light brown self-rising flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 large egg
200 ml butter 

How To Bake
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/ Gas Mark 6. Line two 12-hole mini muffin tins with mini muffin paper cases. Put the spinach in a colander and pour boiling water from a kettle over the leaves to wilt them. Leave to cool, then squeeze all the liquid  out until the spinach is very dry. Chop finely. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat, then leave to cool. Mix the cheese, herbs, flours and bicarbonate of soda, salt and baking powder together in a bowl, then stir in the spinach. Melt the butter with the egg and buttermilk in a jug , pour into the dry ingredients and stir briefly to combine. Don't over mix, the mixture should still be a little lumpy. Spoon a teaspoon of the mixture into each of the paper cases and bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin, Serve warm or cold. Makes 24.






I believe the world to be a muffin pan,
and there certainly are a lot of muffins here.
 ~ Aaron Funk


      Really, I think I'd prefer it served warm. Now I'm not sure many people love spinach, but if its in a muffin, it ought to be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment