Friday, November 9, 2012

Banana Biscuits

      Here we are again, with yet ANOTHER banana recipe. This time, invented by yours truly. : ) That's right, its my very own recipe! How awesome is that? But this is my first time, so please forgive me if it is a little simple. Just to let you know,  people tell me it tastes better without banana, so you may want to have a mixture of both (in the picture below).


Banana Biscuits

Ingredients:
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
50g butter, softened
(plus xtra for greasing)
dash of ground cinnamon
(about 1/3 a teaspoon)
about 3 tablespoons of milk
few slices of banana
(smaller pieces are better)

photo.JPGHow to Bake 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.* and grease you baking tin. Sift flour and ground cinnamon, then cut the softened butter into smaller pieces and work them into the flour and cinnamon mixture. After that, add the sugar and mix well. Then slowly, add in the milk bit by bit until a thick paste is achieved (you may not need to use all of it). Place clumps of the batter onto your tray and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. If you want to add banana, place a small piece in the center of the cookies before placing in the oven.
*Warning this may not be accurate as I do not have an oven, I used a toaster oven. But it's gonna be awesome anyway.

that I wouldn't normally crave,
like biscuits, because they'll
give me a bit of energy to keep going.
 ~ Carol Vorderman


      I know they look a little burnt, but hey, I'm only using a toaster oven so I'm pretty sure yours are gonna look much better. So, please follow the recipe and don't accidentally put in thine instead of cinnamon like I did. (How was I supposed to know? They were in similar looking jars!) Don't worry I managed to get them out of the batter.

      I also forgot to sift the flour and I put in the sugar before the butter. Hey, I'm not a horrible baker okay! I just didn't have a recipe to refer to. And if you wanna know how to bake cookies WITHOUT an oven, click right HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment