Monday, July 16, 2012

Confectionately Yours, Save the Cupcake! : Shoot the Moon Cupcakes

      Hi y'all! Looking for more cupcakes? How was the last one? Fine? Good? Well that's great! Okay, I'm basically talking to myself here. So I'mma get to the point. Shoot the Moon Cupcakes everyone!

Description from the book:
These have dreamy quality that I like.
The green-tea frosting is mild and sweet,
and tastes like something good is about to happen.


Shoot the Moon Cupcakes

Ingredients:
adzuki bean paste (found at specialty Asian markets or online)
1&1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoon cornstarch
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup yogurt
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/3 cup canola oil

How to Bake
Scoop adsuki bean paste into walnut sized balls, place onto wax paper, and cover with plastic until ready to use, so they don't dry out. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. In a large bowl sift together the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and mix. In a separate large bowl, mix the milk with the sugar yogurt, vanilla extract, almond extract, and oil. Then beat with a whisk or handheld mixer. Add the dry ingredients a little bit at a time, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl, and mix until no lumps remain. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way, then place an adsuki paste ball in the center of each cupcake, pressing down slightly to submerge it in the batter. Bake for about 20-22 minutes, until cupcakes are slightly golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool before frosting. Makes about 12.


Green Tea Frosting

Ingredients:
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1/2 cup shortening
2-4 teaspoons matcha tea powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3&1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1-2 tablespoons milk

How to Make
In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the margarine and shortening. Beat in the matcha tea powder and vanilla extract. Slowly beat in the confectioners' sugar, in 1/2 cup intervals, adding  little bit of milk whenever the frosting becomes too thick. Continue mixing on high speed for about 3-7 minutes, until the frosting is light and fluffy.




      I just realised that the recipes in this book do not require eggs to bake them! Yay! I should have told you this earlier but I'm kinda allergic to eggs whenever I touch one my hands redden and become really itchy. If I eat something with egg in it, my face swells and becomes itchy and my throat gets really irritated and I find it hard to breathe. Its a gruesome sight really. I'm also allergic to peanuts, bananas and a few other stuff. So if you're like me, or allergic to dairy, then log on to the author's website for gluten-free, allergy-friendly versions of all recipes in this book: www.lisapapa.com .


1 comment: