Sunday, May 19, 2013

The Breakfast Smoothie

       Hi! Uh, so... Long time no post, huh? Really sorry was super busy with examinations.  I know I didn't post last weekend and my last recipe on The Soft Pretzel is unfinished... I guess I've been a little distracted these past few days. Okay I'll start of with the rest of the recipe for the pretzel:


"Just a simple twist makes all the difference."
~ C.A.L.


The Completed Pretzel

Baking the Pretzel
Place the pretzels on an un-greased cookie pan.
Brush the top with some of the beaten egg.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes until brown.
Remove from the oven and spread with melted butter.
Sprinkle some salt before serving.




      Okay this smoothie is REALLY fruity. Okay, it says it helps with constipation. So, yea its pretty healthy. I had to go through a lot to get this recipe, you have no idea what happened. So just- Sigh... Just do with it what you must.


"Smoothies are... Smooth."
~ Unknown



The Breakfast Smoothie

100g papaya, cut into cubes
1 large banana cut into pieces
8 strawberries washes and cut
125g crushed ice
100g washed blueberries
180ml fresh milk
125ml freshly squeezed Orange Juice
 2 tablespoons of honey

Place all ningredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Remember to keep the lid on before you press the start button.
Serve and drink. Makes 3 cups





      Before we close off, I'd like to share the cupcake ideas from Bittersweet. These are sort of the chapter headings, so the names may sound a little weird. Oh and the pictures aren't exact. As I say every week:


The good, The bad, and The Cupcakes
Oatmeal pumpkin cupcakes
shot through with chocolate fudge,
 topped with a thin layer of fudge icing
and toasted coconut tumbleweeds






Sticks-and-stones-may-break-my-bones-
but-falling-down-hurts-real-bad-too Cupcakes
Red velvet cupcakes with warm raspberry center
and cream cheese icing, topped with mashed mixed berries
and served on a chocolate-drizzled plate










      Well I think that's all for this week. So bye now, keep reading.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment